Pray on Purpose: Day 1 - Confession

This morning, I started my day with many others at The Awakening with prayer.  During the next 30 days, (during our "Life on Purpose" series) we will be participating in the "Pray on Purpose" campaign.  We will pray for three specific areas.

1) A Personal "Life on Purpose"  That we would have a life that seeks to glorify God in all we do and take the opportunities He give to us to do so.


2) The Awakening to Gather on Purpose. We want to carry out our mission to lead young adults in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through authentic social community.


3) The salvation of three others. For three others to experience the Life on Purpose that only comes from a relationship with Christ.

Over the next thirty days, I am going to try and share my experiences as I pray.  I will not share every day, but I will share those days, like today, that I sense a greater leading by God in prayer.

Today, As I prayed for a personal life on purpose, I was overcome with a sense of confession.  I could not start this thirty days of prayer without confessing my lack of "on Purpose" prayer.  I am great at praying through out the day as situations present themselves and comes to mind.  But to stop and prayer, even for 10 minutes and to focus on God is not as consistent in my life as I would like it to be.

I also had to confess that I have not taken the opportunities to live a Life on Purpose when God has clearly presented them to me.  Opportunities to share my faith, to love others, to help and serve people in need.  I get busy doing my things and when His things intersect, I'm too focused on myself.  Lame!  That is going to change!

I hope you will join many of us in this 30 days of prayer.  You can start when ever you want (like right now) and you can tweak it to your own life and passions.  But let us agree, if we all start 2011 with 30 days of prayer how much would our lives be different at the beginning of 2012!

Who's Joining Me?  Comment below so that I can pray for you as well, and share this post on Facebook or Twitter.

No Response to "Pray on Purpose: Day 1 - Confession"

Post a Comment