Epic Win - Starbucks in Firewheel UPDATED

If you look closely, you can find Shannon's
Usually it's the epic fails that grab out attention so much that we just have to blog about it.  But this is the opposite.  It encountered such an epic win for Starbucks that I just have to let the world know!  The Starbucks in Firewheel (North Garland which is North of Dallas) went the extra mile this year during Christmas and I think it will have a big payoff over the long term.  The manager of this store creatively drew by hand the different baristas of this location and then turned it into a Christmas card.  Then, this manager asked the baristas for the names of all the "regulars" (meaning the barista knows their name and drink order).  The manager then hand wrote all the regulars Christmas cards - envelopes included and taped them all over the store!!  They are every where.  Here's what I thought as I saw them:

1.  Am I up here?  Of course, who wouldn't think that?

2.  Wow, these baristas know a lot of people!!!  They are serious about building relationships with their customers.

3.  After not finding my name up there (but finding my wife's!) I felt like I was missing out!!!  I wanted to be up on the wall, especially if my wife was!!!

4.  Guess where I'm buying my next cup of coffee?

Because I don't qualify as a regular, I don't have an envelope and thus I do not know what the picture looks like.  Once Shannon get's her card, I will take a picture and put it up here.  It shouldn't be too long before she picks it up, she's a regular.
-----------------------

UPDATE:  I finally got my hands on a copy of the Card that Uma Nguyen, the Starbucks manager at this location created by hand.  Again, this is a hand drawn cartoon sketch of each of the baristas at this location, and then she wrote a paragraph note to each person.  To use the term by Seth Godin, she's a Linchpin!


No Response to "Epic Win - Starbucks in Firewheel UPDATED"

Post a Comment