Nov 8, 2010 Tags: , , , 0 comments

The Leverage of Boaz: Part 1

As can be seen on the right side column of this blog, I have a new project that seems to be getting a lot of traction.  It is called LeverageU and we are having our first event tomorrow night.  LeverageU gives you and me an opportunity to leverage what we do every day to help people in need. This first event, LeverageU @ Rusty Taco, will give people an opportunity to help hungry children in the Vickery Meadow community.  Rusty Taco has agreed to give $1 for every $2 taco sold tomorrow night from 7-10pm to the “No Hungry Child” campaign.

I've written in far more detail elsewhere about LeverageU and I may repost it on this blog in the future.  If you want to know more about LeverageU, please visit our Fan Page on Facebook and cruise around there and by all means, become a fan if you like what we are doing.

What I am fascinated with this morning is the story of Boaz (I promise, this connects with LeverageU).  You may recognize Boaz more from the story of Ruth, but as I have been re-reading this Old Testament book of the Bible, I am seeing in Boaz, much of the qualities I want to see in my life.  Further, and this may sound extreme, I want to see Boaz exemplified in American culture.  I am going to spend the next few days discussing the character and actions of Boaz and how we can make a HUGE impact in our communities if we would become more like him.

So why was Boaz such an impacting person in his lifetime and memorialized in the pages of scripture?  He was a person who knew how to leverage.  He was a man who leveraged his resources for the benefit of people in need and it had a ripple affect across the community.  What would it take for us to be like Boaz?  Keep checking out the blog (or subscribe/follow) and I'll let you know.  Maybe over the next week, take some time out to read the book of Ruth on your own time and let me know what you find.

No Response to "The Leverage of Boaz: Part 1"

Post a Comment