When Helping Hurts

I just finished this book, "When Helping Hurts: How to alleviate poverty without hurting the poor...and yourself"

Our LeverageU staff is reading the book to prepare ourselves for some hard decisions about how we help our local communities.  I have to say, this is one of the best books I've read in a while.  It reminds me of my days back at the Pink House (group on FB)when I lived in Fresno.  People, we are not helping the poor by simply giving them stuff.  It is so much bigger than that!  Read this book before your next mission trip, before your next serve day, before your next  neighborhood improvement meeting.  Please.

I will write a full book review on this book sometime soon, but I wanted to at least make people aware of it now.  It's that important.  Check the blog or an update.

No Response to "When Helping Hurts"

Post a Comment